Composite highway bridge design: Worked examples (P357)
This publication is the second in a set of SCI bridge design guides that reflect the rules in the Eurocodes. (Published 2010)
This publication is the second in a set of SCI bridge design guides that reflect the rules in the Eurocodes. It presents two worked examples, one for a two-span multi-girder integral bridge and the other for a three-span ladder deck bridge. The calculations illustrate the principal design considerations that are discussed in the companion publication (P357).
The examples include:
- Summary of design situations to be considered and applicable actions
- Illustration of the global analysis model and tabulation of results
- Evaluation of design values of effects at key locations, during construction and in service
- Verification of the adequacy of the bare steel girders during construction and the composite girders in service
- Verification of longitudinal shear connection and fatigue resistance.